- Administrators, nursing directors, supervisors, etc.
- Physicians, interprofessional colleagues
- ANCC board-certified nurses
- Members of American Nurses Association (ANA) or any of its constituent or state nurses associations
- Volunteers of ANCC, ANA, and American Nurses Foundation
Eligibility: All nominees (nominated nurses) must be currently certified by ANCC. Nominated nurses must have made significant contributions in the area of professional practice, education, research, or service. Nominations are judged on the following criteria elements:
3.Leadership and professional risk taking
Exclusions: Sitting members of the ANCC Board of Directors, ANA/ANCC employees, and members of the Nominations/Awards Committee are not eligible for nomination. No self-nominations are accepted.