1. Must have been a member of the nursing profession for at least five years.
2. Through application of nursing knowledge, assists patients in functioning at and maintaining optimum levels of health and activities, as persons, as members of families, and as members of their community.
3. Through direct nursing practice, provides innovations that help and encourage peers in their practice of nursing and acts as a role model to inspire peers to improve their quality of practice.
4. Has contributed to the improvement of quality of direct patient care.
5. Has participated in community affairs, been recognized by peers, participated in organizational affairs, and has the ability to work with others and an innovative outlook.